Based on the extreme value analysis theory, this project will build some widely recognized risk models, discuss the relevant financial risk measurement indices, and analyze the calculation and properties of these indices. Further data analysis will also be carried out in this project. We expect this research would be beneficial to both financial practitioners and theoretical experts focusing on risk management and extreme value statistics.
For more information about doctoral scholarship and PhD programme at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU): Please visit
The candidate should have a first class or upper second class honours degree, or a master’s degree (or equivalent qualification), in Mathematics, Probability and Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Financial Mathematics or other related majors. Evidence of good spoken and written English is essential. The candidate should have an IELTS score of 6.5 or above, if the first language is not English. This position is open to all qualified candidates irrespective of nationality.
The student will be awarded a PhD degree from the University of Liverpool (UK) upon successful completion of the program.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are advised to email Long.Bai@xjtlu.edu.cn (XJTLU principal supervisor’s email address) the following documents for initial review and assessment (please put the project title in the subject line).
- Two reference letters with company/university letterhead
- Personal statement outlining your interest in the position
- Proof of English language proficiency (an IELTS score of 6.5 or above)
- Verified school transcripts in both Chinese and English (for international students, only the English version is required)
- Verified certificates of education qualifications in both Chinese and English (for international students, only the English version is required)
- PDF copy of Master Degree dissertation (or an equivalent writing sample) and
- examiners reports available
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Dr. Long Bai (Long.Bai@xjtlu.edu.cn), whose personal profile is linked below,