A scholarship for PhD students to research diverse disciplines that address some of the most important problems facing society today.
This scholarship provides the following benefits to a full-time enrolled student:
- stipend allowance of $35,950 per annum for up to 3.5 years
- Student Services Amenities Fee (SSAF) for up to 14 research periods
- 100% tuition fees for up to 14 research periods (international students only)
- Single Overseas Health Cover (OSHC) for up to 55 months (international students only)
If the student is enrolled part-time and approved to hold the scholarship on a part-time basis they will receive the stipend allowance at 50% of the full-time rate and the other scholarship benefits for the equivalent full-time duration.
- have submitted an application for admission into a PhD in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences. Part-time applicants will need to demonstrate extenuating circumstances as to why they are unable to enrol full-time
- hold either an honours degree (first class or second class/division 1), a master's degree with a significant research component, or demonstrate appropriate professional experience and alternative qualifications in the field of study
- be willing to undertake research in a specific research project (https://www.sydney.edu.au/scholarships/b/arts-and-social-sciences-postgraduate-research-scholarship.html)
How to apply
International applicants must complete this online application form by 30 September 2022
Domestic applicants must complete this online application form by 31 October 2022
The closing dates of this scholarship are the same closing dates for domestic and international students who are wanting to apply for the Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend Scholarship.
This scholarship has been established to offer opportunities to high calibre PhD students to conduct research in diverse disciplines that address some of the most important problems facing society today. Students will be able to work with leading researchers in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at the University of Sydney.
For more information, including specific research projects, please see here: https://www.sydney.edu.au/scholarships/b/arts-and-social-sciences-postgraduate-research-scholarship.html