Applications are invited from self-funded students. This project has a Band 2 fee. Details of our different fee bands can be found on our website (View Website). For information on how to apply for this project, please visit the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health Doctoral Academy website (View Website).
As an equal opportunities institution we welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and transgender status. All appointments are made on merit.
1. Whitby RL. Chemical control of graphene architecture: tailoring shape and properties. ACS Nano. 2014 Oct 28;8(10):9733-54. Review.
2. Xu Y, Shi G, Duan X. Self-Assembled Three-Dimensional Graphene Macrostructures: Synthesis and Applications in Supercapacitors. Acc Chem Res. 2015 Jun 16;48(6):1666-75.
3. Qu Y, He F, Yu C, Liang X, Liang D, Ma L, Zhang Q, Lv J, Wu J. Advances on graphene-based nanomaterials for biomedical applications. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2018 Sep 1;90:764-780. Review.
4. Martín C, Merino S, González-Domínguez JM, Rauti R, Ballerini L, Prato M, Vázquez E. Graphene Improves the Biocompatibility of Polyacrylamide Hydrogels: 3D Polymeric Scaffolds for Neuronal Growth. Sci Rep. 2017 Sep 8;7(1):10942.
5. Srikanth VV, Ramana GV, Kumar PS. Perspectives on State-of-the-Art Carbon Nanotube/Polyaniline and Graphene/Polyaniline Composites for Hybrid Supercapacitor Electrodes. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2016 Mar;16(3):2418-24. Review.