This project is no longer listed on FindAPhD.com and may not be available.Click here to search FindAPhD.com for PhD studentship opportunities
Applicants should have or expected to obtain a good primary degree / Master’s degree (or overseas equivalent) in Chemistry or a closely related discipline. In addition, applicants should have undertaken a first degree entirely in English in the UK or hold IELTS 6.5 or equivalent. To apply follow the instructions at http://www.uclan.ac.uk/research/study/how_to_apply.php. Please note that Additional Research Costs will also be required for this project (please enquire) to cover consumables and travel.
1. T. Sen, M.W. Anderson, J. L. Casci, C. E. Egger, G. J. T. Tiddy, “A macroporous-mesoporous-microporous silica material with ordered mesoporosity influenced by alcohol co-surfactant.” UK patent (Ref. GB 0201951.1, 2002).
2. T. Sen, J. L. Casci, G. J. T. Tiddy and M. W. Anderson, “One-Pot Synthesis of Hierarchically Ordered Porous Silica Materials on Three Orders of Length Scale” Angewendte Chemie International Edition in English 42, 4649 (2003).
3. T. Sen, J. L. Casci, G. J. T. Tiddy and M. W. Anderson, “Synthesis and Characterisation of Novel Hierarchically Ordered Porous Silica Materials” Chemistry of Materials 16, 2044 (2004).
4. T. Sen, J. L. Casci, G. J. T. Tiddy and M. W. Anderson, “Hierarchically Ordered Porous Silica Composites: Ordering on Three different Lengths with Three Dimensional Pore Inter-connectivity” Studies in Surface Science and Catalysis 154, 408 (2004)
5. T. Sen, I. J. Bruce, T. Mercer “Fabrication of novel hierarchically ordered porous magnetic nanocomposites for bio-catalysis” Chemical Communications. 46, 6807 (2010)
6. T. Sen, J. Whittle, M. Howard “Hierarchically ordered porous novel vanado-silicate catalyst for highly efficient oxidation of bulky organic molecules” Chemical Communications 48, 4232 (2012)
7. J. Mondal, T. Sen and A. Bhaumik “[email protected] mesoporous SBA-15: A robust and magnetically recoverable catalyst for One-Pot Synthesis of 3,4-Dihydropyrimidin-2(1H)-ones via Biginelli reaction” RSC Dalton Transactions 41, 6173 (2012)
8. M. Eizadi-sharifabad, B. Hodgson, M. Jellite, T. Mercer, T. Sen*, “Enzyme Immobilised Novel Core-shell Superparamagnetic Nanocomposites for Enantioselective formation of 4-(R)-hydroxycyclopent-2-en-1-(S)-acetate” Chemical Communications 50, 11185 (2014)
9. L. Lu, F. Teng, T. Sen, D. Qi, L. Wang, J. Zhang, “Synthesis of Visible-Light Driven CrxOy-TiO2 Binary Photocatalyst Based on Hierarchical Macro-Mesoporous Silica” Journal of Applied Catalysis B: Environmental 163, 15 (2014)