CENTA studentships are for 3.5 years and are funded by the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC). In addition to the full payment of their tuition fees, successful candidates will receive the following financial support.
Annual stipend, set at £15,009 for 2019/20
Research training support grant (RTSG) of £8,000
(1) Stubbings, W.A. & Harrad, S. (2014). Extent and mechanisms of brominated flame retardant emissions from waste soft furnishings and fabrics: A critical review. Environment International, 71, 164–175.
(2) Abdallah, M. A-E., Pawar, G., Harrad, S. “Evaluation of in vitro vs. in vivo methods for assessment of dermal absorption of organic flame retardants: A review”. Environment International, 74, 13-22 (2015).
(3) Abdallah, M. A-E., Pawar, G. Harrad, S. “Effect of Bromine Substitution on Human Dermal Absorption of Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers.” Environmental Science & Technology, 49, 10976−10983 (2015).
(4) Abdallah, M. A-E., Pawar, G., Harrad, S. “Evaluation of 3D-human skin equivalents for assessment of human dermal absorption of some brominated flame retardants”, Environment International, 84, 64-70 (2015).
(5) Harrad, S. “A meta-analysis of recent data on UK environmental levels of POP-BFRs in an international context: Temporal trends and an environmental budget”, Emerging Contaminants (2015),http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.emcon.2015.08.001
(6) Cave, M.R., Wragg, J., Harrison, I., Vane, C.H., Wiele, T.V.D., Groeve, E.D., Nathanail, C.P., Ashmore, M., Thomas, R., Robinson, J., Daly, P. “Comparison of Batch Mode and Dynamic Physiologically Based Bioaccessibility Tests for PAHs in Soil Samples”, Environmental Science & Technology, 44, 2654-2660 (2010).
(7) Van de Wiele, T. R., Oomen, A. G., Wragg, J., Cave, M., Minekus, M., Hack, A., Cornelis, C., Rompelberg, C.J.M., De Zwart, L.L., Klinck, B., Van Wijnen, J., Verstraete, W., Sips, A.J.A.M. “Comparison of five in vitro digestion models to in vivo experimental results: Lead bioaccessibility in the human gastrointestinal tract” Journal of Environmental Science and Health, Part A, 42, 1203–1211 (2007).