Candidates are expected to hold (or be about to obtain) a minimum upper second class honours degree and / or Masters degree in cardiovascular biology or a closely related field. Candidates with experience in in vivo techniques are encouraged to apply.
This project has a Band 3 fee. Details of our different fee bands can be found on our website (View Website). For information on how to apply for this project, please visit the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health Doctoral Academy website (View Website).
Informal enquiries may be made directly to the primary supervisor.
1. Clarke JD, Caldwell JL, Pearman CM, Eisner DA, Trafford AW, Dibb KM. Increased Ca buffering underpins remodelling of Ca2+ handling in old sheep atrial myocytes. J Physiol. 2017
2. Anderson SG, Hutchings DC, Woodward M, Rahimi K, Rutter MK, Kirby M, Hackett G, Trafford AW, Heald AH. Phosphodiesterase type-5 inhibitor use in type 2 diabetes is associated with a reduction in all-cause mortality. Heart. 2016
3. Horn MA, Bode EF, Borland SJ, Kirkwood GJ, Briston SJ, Richards MA, Dibb KM, Trafford AW. Temporal Development of Autonomic Dysfunction in Heart Failure: Effects of Age in an Ovine Rapid-pacing Model. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2015
4. Clarke JD, Caldwell JL, Horn MA, Bode EF, Richards MA, Hall MCS, Graham HK, Briston SJ, Greensmith DJ, Eisner DA, Dibb KM, Trafford AW. Perturbed atrial calcium handling in an ovine model of heart failure: Potential roles for reductions in the L-type calcium current. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2015;79:169-179
5. Briston SJ, Dibb KM, Solaro RJ, Eisner DA, Trafford AW. Balanced changes in Ca buffering by SERCA and troponin contribute to Ca handling during β-adrenergic stimulation in cardiac myocytes. Cardiovasc Res. 2014;104:347-354