About the Project
In this project, the research student will investigate the effect of magnetic particles on hydrodynamics of aqueous/ non-aqueous foam systems.
Candidates should have (or expect to achieve) a UK honours degree at 2.1 or above (or equivalent) in Petroleum Engineering, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics.
Essential background: Student should have suitable chemistry background. The student also need to be familiar with fluid mechanics and heat transfer of non-Newtonian fluids.
Knowledge of: Nanotechnology, foams, magnetic, nanoparticles, Rheology, Heat transfer, Fire fighting.
• Apply for Degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering
• State name of the lead supervisor as the Name of Proposed Supervisor
• State ‘Self-funded’ as Intended Source of Funding
• State the exact project title on the application form
When applying please ensure all required documents are attached:
• All degree certificates and transcripts (Undergraduate AND Postgraduate MSc-officially translated into English where necessary)
• Detailed CV
Informal inquiries can be made to Dr R Rafati ([Email Address Removed]) with a copy of your curriculum vitae and cover letter. All general enquiries should be directed to the Postgraduate Research School ([Email Address Removed])
This project will require additional research costs in addition to tuition fees and living expenses (£3,000). Contact supervisor for further details
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.