This is a fully funded studentship open to science graduates with, or who anticipate obtaining, at least 2.1 or equivalent in relevant biological subject in undergraduate degree, or a Masters degree - subject to university regulations. Open to UK students and eligible EU students who qualify for home-rated fees - see Residential Eligibility Guidelines on website for details. Eligible students will receive minimum annual stipend of £15,285; university registration fees will be paid. Students without English as first language must provide evidence of IELTS score of 7.0, no less than 6.5 in subsections.
1. Shrestha A, Sadeyen J-R, Iqbal M (2018). Enhancing protective efficacy of poultry vaccines through targeted delivery of antigens to antigen-presenting cells. Vaccines 6 (4), 75. https://doi.org/10.3390/vaccines6040075.
2. Lukosaityte D, Sadeyen J-R, Shrestha A, Sealy JE, Bhat S, Chang P, Digard P and Iqbal M (2020). Engineered Recombinant Single Chain Variable Fragment of Monoclonal Antibody Provides Protection to Chickens Infected with H9N2 Avian Influenza. Vaccines, 8, 118; doi:10.3390/vaccines8010118
3. Jáuregui-Zúñiga, D.; Pedraza-Escalona, M.; Espino-Solís, G. P.; Quintero-Hernández, V.; Olvera-Rodríguez, A.; Díaz-Salinas, M. A.; López, S.; Possani, L. D. (2017). Targeting Antigens to Dec-205 on Dendritic Cells Induces a Higher Immune Response in Chickens: Hemagglutinin of Avian Influenza Virus Example. Res. Vet. Sci. 111, 55–62. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rvsc.2016.12.002
4. LH, P.; K, V. (2016). Antibody-Mediated Delivery of Antigen to Dendritic Cells. Immunother. 02 (02). https://doi.org/10.4172/2471-9552.1000119
5. Cheong, C.; Choi, J.; Vitale, L.; He, L.-Z.; Trumpfheller, C.; Bozzacco, L.; Do, Y.; Nchinda, G.; Park, S. H.; Dandamudi, D. B.; et al. (2010). Improved Cellular and Humoral Immune Responses in Vivo Following Targeting of HIV Gag to Dendritic Cells within Human Anti – Human DEC205 Monoclonal Antibody. Blood, 116 (19), 3828–3838. https://doi.org/10.1182/blood-2010-06-288068