About the Project
Candidates should have (or expect to achieve) a UK honours degree at 2.1 or above (or equivalent) in Mechanical, Aerospace or Structural Engineering.
Applicants must have a good background knowledge in structural analysis, finite element methods and computer programming, and be willing to develop a strong background knowledge in a number of areas, including aerodynamics of wind turbines, fluid-structure interaction subject to stochastic loading and metaheuristic optimisation methods such as genetic algorithms during the course of their PhD study.
• Apply for Degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering
• State name of the lead supervisor as the Name of Proposed Supervisor
• State ‘Self-funded’ as Intended Source of Funding
• State the exact project title on the application form
When applying please ensure all required documents are attached:
• All degree certificates and transcripts (Undergraduate AND Postgraduate MSc-officially translated into English where necessary)
• Detailed CV
Informal inquiries can be made to Dr A Maheri (firstname.lastname@example.org), with a copy of your curriculum vitae and cover letter. All general enquiries should be directed to the Postgraduate Research School (email@example.com)
It is possible to undertake this project by distance learning. Interested parties should contact Dr Maheri to discuss this.
2. Macquart, T & Maheri, A 2015, 'Integrated aeroelastic and control analysis of wind turbine blades equipped with microtabs', Renewable Energy, vol. 75, pp. 102-114.
3. Asgharnia, AH, Jamali, A, Shahnazi, R & Maheri, A 2020, 'Load mitigation of a class of 5-MW wind turbine with RBF neural network based fractional-order PID controller', ISA Transactions, vol. 96, pp. 272-286.
Why not add a message here
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.