About the Project
The aim of the project is to develop a switchable window using electro-chromic materials and test them under different conditions. The prototype will be developed based on electricity free electro-chromic window by incorporating PV element into the window. The main objectives are
- A selection/development of an electro-chromic sample and test it under different conditions of voltage and frequency.
- Development of a driver circuit for efficient control of the sample transparency.
- Thermal and Electrical assessment of the sample to obtain the power needs and heat transfer (U-value).
- Developing a smart window with embedded electro-chromic material to conduct some energy consumption test for a sample building
- Develop a smart control algorithm to provide a commercial solution for such technology to be interactive with people inside the buildings and their needs.
The Materials and Engineering Research Institute (MERI) is a dynamic interdisciplinary research institute dedicated to addressing industrial problems through the application of fundamental science and engineering. For information about MERI please visit https://www.shu.ac.uk/research/specialisms/materials-and-engineering-research-institute
Application deadline: applicants accepted all year round with enrolments during September, February (January on website) and May
Duration: 4 years full time, 7 years part time.
For information about how to apply, entry requirements, tuition fees and other costs please visit https://www.shu.ac.uk/research/specialisms/materials-and-engineering-research-institute/research-degrees
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.