About the Project
We envisage this project to focus on review and analysis of the following aspects:
- Carbon footprint of international sport events: past, present and future
- Climate-related issues/incidents in international sport events (extreme heat, wetter weather, hurricanes, glacier melting in traditional areas of winter sports etc.)
- Case studies of UEFA Euro 2020 and FIFA World Cup 2022
- Carbon-offsetting programmes of major international sport event organisers
Eligibility and How to Apply:
Please note eligibility requirement:
• Academic excellence of the proposed student i.e. 2:1 (or equivalent GPA from non-UK universities [preference for 1st class honours]); or a Masters (preference for Merit or above); or APEL evidence of substantial practitioner achievement.
• Appropriate IELTS score, if required.
• Applicants cannot apply for this funding if currently engaged in Doctoral study at Northumbria or elsewhere.
For further details of how to apply, entry requirements and the application form, see
Please note: Applications that do not include a research proposal of approximately 1,000 words (not a copy of the advert), or that do not include the advert reference (e.g., SF20/…) will not be considered.
Deadline for applications: Open
Start Date: October 2020 or March 2021
Northumbria University takes pride in, and values, the quality and diversity of our staff. We welcome applications from all members of the community. The University holds an Athena SWAN Bronze award in recognition of our commitment to improving employment practices for the advancement of gender equality.
For enquiries, contact Dr Mikhail Batuev ([Email Address Removed])
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.