The project is concerned with geometric group theory and, in particular, with biinvariant metrics on groups. Depending on the applicant interests or abilities it can be more topological, geometric or algebraic.
Selection will be made on the basis of academic merit. The successful candidate should have, or expect to obtain, a First class UK Honours degree in Mathematics, or a 2:1 Honours degree in Mathematics alongside a Masters with Merit or Distinction, also in Mathematics.
Formal applications can be completed online: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/pgap/login.php
• Apply for Degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Mathematics
• State name of the lead supervisor as the Name of Proposed Supervisor
• State ‘Self-funded’ as Intended Source of Funding
• State the exact project title on the application form
When applying please ensure all required documents are attached:
• All degree certificates and transcripts (Undergraduate AND Postgraduate MSc-officially translated into English where necessary)
• Detailed CV, Personal Statement/Motivation Letter and Intended source of funding
Informal inquiries can be made to Professor J Kedra ([Email Address Removed]) with a copy of your curriculum vitae and cover letter. All general enquiries should be directed to the Postgraduate Research School ([Email Address Removed])