The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a center of excellence within the Helmholtz Association that performs translational research on neurodegenerative diseases. The center includes nine excellence sites in Berlin, Bonn, Dresden, Göttingen, Magdeburg, Munich, Rostock/Greifswald, Tübingen and Witten.
The DZNE in Bonn is looking for a
PhD student (f/m)
– Code 1348/2015/11 –
A PhD position is available in the Neurovascular Diseases Research Group (PI: Gabor Petzold). Our group focuses on the pathophysiology of stroke, Alzheimer’s disease and vascular dementia (e.g., Neuron 2008; Nature Neurosci 2009; Neuron 2011; Nature Comm 2014; Lancet Neurol 2015).
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a strong interest in neuroscience and neurological diseases to join our group. The focus of this position is to investigate cellular mechanisms of neurodegeneration and regeneration – as well as potential novel treatment options – in animal models of stroke.
The applicant should be fluent in English, have excellent communication skills, and should be interested in working in a multicultural international environment. Previous experience in neuroscience or stroke research in particular would be beneficial.
• An interesting and challenging task in a research center that works on the future topics of health research
• A strongly cooperative and supportive international environment with state-of-the-art research facilities and equipment
• A high potential for the individual development of our employees
• Targeted personnel development
• The position is initially temporary limited to two years.
• Employment, payment and social benefits are consistent with those at other research institutes.
The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. The DZNE is committed to employing disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply.
For further information, please contact Gabor Petzold ([email protected]
Interested candidates should send their applications including a CV with publication list, a summary of research interests and names and contact details of 1-2 references as a single pdf file to [email protected]