British and EU nationality applicants are eligible for both the cost of tuition fees and a yearly stipend (starting at £19,919 per annum and increasing annually) over the course of the PhD programme.
How to apply
Applications should be directed to David Piela [[email protected]]
To apply, please send:
• A Detailed CV, including your nationality and country of birth;
• Names and addresses of two referees;
• A covering letter highlighting your research experience/capabilities and relevance to this application;
• Copies of your degree transcripts;
• Evidence of your proficiency in the English language, if applicable
1. Pavlovic D, Fuller W and Shattock MJ (2013) Novel regulation of cardiac Na pump via phospholemman. Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology Aug; 61:83-93
2. Ackers-Johnson M, Li PY, Holmes AP, O'Brien SM, Pavlovic D and Foo RS. (2016) A Simplified, Langendorff-Free Method for
Concomitant Isolation of Viable Cardiac Myocytes and Nonmyocytes From the Adult Mouse Heart. Circ Res. 2016 Aug 119(8):909-20
3. Syeda F, Holmes AP, Yu YT, Tull S, Kuhlmann SM, O'Brien S, Pavlovic D, Betney D, Kucera JP, Rohr S, Brown NA, Fabritz L, Kirchhof P (2016) PITX2 Modulates Atrial Membrane Potential and the Antiarrhythmic Effects of Sodium-Channel Blockers. JACC 68(17):1881-1894.
4. O'Shea C, Holmes AP, Yu TY, Winter J, Wells SP, Correia J, Boukens BJ, De Groot JR, Chu GS, Li X, Ng GA, Kirchhof P, Fabritz L, Rajpoot K, Pavlovic D (2019) ElectroMap: High-throughput open-source software for analysis and mapping of cardiac electrophysiology. Sci Rep. Feb 4;9(1):1389.
5. Poulter NS, Pollitt AY, Davies A, Malinova D, Nash GB, Hannon MJ, Pikramenou Z, Rappoport JZ, Hartwig JH, Owen DM, Thrasher AJ, Watson SP, Thomas SG. (2015) Platelet actin nodules are podosome-like structures dependent on Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein and ARP2/3 complex. Nat Commun. Jun 1;6:7254