Candidates are expected to hold (or be about to obtain) a minimum upper second class honours degree (or equivalent) in pharmacology, biochemistry, biomedical sciences or relevant subject. A Master qualification in a similar area would be a significant advantage. Candidates with experience in bioanalysis, molecular biology or with an interest in in the physiology and pathophysiology of the female reproductive tract are encouraged to apply.
This project has a Band 2 fee. Details of our different fee bands can be found on our website (View Website). For information on how to apply please visit(View Website).
1. Almada, Cunha, Fonseca, Amaral, Piscitelli, Di Marzo, Correia-da-Silva, Teixeira (2016) Anandamide interferes with human endometrial stromal-derived cell differentiation: An effect dependent on inhibition of cyclooxygenase-2 expression and prostaglandin E2 release. Biofactors. 42(3): 277-86.
2. Carrarelli, Funghi, Bruni, Luisi, Arcuri, Petraglia (2016) Naproxen sodium decreases prostaglandins secretion from cultured human endometrial stromal cells modulating metabolizing enzymes mRNA expression. Gynecol Endocrinol. 32(4): 319-22.
3. Cui, Wang, Wang, Zhang, Xu, Jiang, Hao (2017) The correlation of anandamide with gonadotrophin and sex steroid hormones during the menstrual cycle. Iran HJ Basic Med Sci 20: 1268-74.
4. Glass, Hong, Sato, Mitchell (2005) Misidentification of prostamides as prostaglandins. J Lipid Res. 46(7): 1364-8.
5. Sanchez, Vigano, Mugione, Panina-Bordignon, Candiani (2012) The molecular connections between the cannabinoid system and endometriosis. Mol Human Reprod. 18(12): 563-71.