About the Project
seekers and refugees in European countries. It will evaluate existing language policies in the light of data
emerging from NGOs working in the sector, and address how language policies can facilitate asylum seekers’ and refugees’ social integration. It will also elucidate the existing gaps in language policies at local, national and international level, and will answer some key questions, such as:
1) To what extent should national language policies include refugees’ needs?
2) To what extent have national policies been implemented to take into account the new waves of refugees since 2015?
3) What do refugees need in terms of language teaching in the country of arrival?
4) What are the possibilities provided by formal education (centrally or locally organised under the umbrella of the national ministry of Education) and informal education (i.e. NGOs, charities, confessionalorganisations)?
5) What linguistic competence are refugees required to achieve to start a formal process of inclusiveness in their new national communities?
See the admission requirements for PhD programme in our department.
Why not add a message here
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.