About the Project
Start date: October 2020
Entry requirements: 2:1 degree or above
Lancaster University - Lancaster Environment Centre / Chemistry
Get paid to do a Masters with the Centre for Global Eco-Innovation (http://www.globalecoinnovation.org/) at Lancaster University (http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/) and Hitas Formulations Ltd
One year enterprise-led funded Masters by Research, Ref. No. LU-011
• Get paid £16,000 tax-free
• Have your tuition fees reduced. Your partner company pays £2,200 towards your fees, meaning UK/EU students pay only £2,207. International students will need to pay the remaining £18,030.
• Be part of the multi award winning Centre for Global Eco-Innovation (http://www.globalecoinnovation.org/) within a cohort of talented graduates working on exciting business-led R&D.
• The Centre is based at Lancaster University (http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/), so you will gain your Masters from a Top Ten University, recognised as The Sunday Times University of the Year 2018 and International University of the Year 2020.
• Finish in a strong position to enter a competitive job market in the UK and overseas or progress on to further study.
Many industries have a desire to reduce the use of synthetic pesticides due to concerns raised over potential long-term impacts on the environment and human health. As such, there is growing demand for safer alternatives.
Food processing produces considerable amounts of waste material which is often sent to landfill. The successful candidates will analyse compounds that can be extracted from this type of waste material and investigate their value as plant protection products. The aim of this project is to develop new products using waste material that would often end up in landfill to produce novel crop enhancers and disease & pest suppression agents.
The successful candidate will have a 2:1 or first degree in plant science, biology, chemistry, or related discipline. A full UK Driving Licence would be an advantage for the role.
Enterprise and collaborative partners
This Masters by Research is a collaborative research project between Lancaster University, and
Hitas Formulations Ltd . It will be supervised by Dr Mike Roberts - Senior Lecturer, Lancaster Environment Centre, and Dr John Hardy – Senior Lecturer, Materials Chemistry.
HITAS Formulations Ltd and their sister company Hitas Ltd are independent companies that provide consultancy services and product innovation for the horticultural, industrial, turf-grass and agricultural markets. The main operations are based in the turf-grass sector, provide tailored solutions to meet the exact requirements of clients. Areas of focus include:
Product Development, Laboratory and Field Evaluation, Turf-grass Agronomic Support, Distributor Training, Territory Expansion and Commercialisation.
This project is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund and is subject to funding confirmation.
APPLY TODAY! - http://www.globalecoinnovation.org/research-post-lu011/
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.