Principal supervisor: Professor/Dr Ping Zhang (XJTLU)
Co-supervisor: Professor/Dr Gang Li (JITRI)
Co-supervisor: Professor/Dr Wen Liu (XJTLU)
Co-supervisor: Professor/Dr Ian Sandall (UoL)
For more information about doctoral scholarship and PhD programme at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU): Please visit:
Ping Zhang received the PhD from Nanyang Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore in year 2005. Dr. Zhang has 10+ years’ experience on incubating the high-tech ideas. He has serviced more than 40 start-up teams when he worked for the Suzhou Industrial Park local government and several of them have made successful IPOs. Dr. Ping's research interests are MEMS, especially the actuator related topics.
Gang Li received the PhD from Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST). Dr. Li was the founder and CEO of Suzhou Minxin Microelectronics Technology Co.Ltd. Dr. Li enjoys a high reputation in the field of MEMS. He is not only the core inventor of hundreds of MEMS patents, but also led the team to successfully market a number of sensor products such as microphone sensors, pressure sensors and acceleration sensors.
The candidate should have a first class or upper second class honours degree, or a master’s degree (or equivalent qualification) in physics or engineering, (acoustics and relevant MEMS knowledge background are preferred) Evidence of good spoken and written English is essential. The candidate should have an IELTS score of 6.5 or above, if the first language is not English. This position is open to all qualified candidates irrespective of nationality.
The student will be awarded a PhD degree from the University of Liverpool (UK) upon successful completion of the program.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are advised to email [Email Address Removed] (XJTLU principal supervisor’s email address) the following documents for initial review and assessment (please put the project title in the subject line).
- Two reference letters with company/university letterhead
- Personal statement outlining your interest in the position
- Proof of English language proficiency (an IELTS score of 6.5 or above)
- Verified school transcripts in both Chinese and English (for international students, only the English version is required)
- Verified certificates of education qualifications in both Chinese and English (for international students, only the English version is required)
- PDF copy of Master Degree dissertation (or an equivalent writing sample) and examiners reports available