This project is no longer listed on FindAPhD.com and may not be available.Click here to search FindAPhD.com for PhD studentship opportunities
Funding* will cover the student’s stipend at the current Research Council rate and University Fees. The studentships will be funded for three years in the first instance subject to eligibility**, with the possibility of additional funding in the fourth year depending on circumstances.
**The studentships are available to students who qualify for Home/EU fees
Applications from ineligible candidates will not be considered.
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
1. Murray MJ and Coleman N (2019) MicroRNA dysregulation in malignant germ cell tumours: more than a biomarker? Journal of Clinical Oncology (in press)
2. Kucia-Tran JA, Tulkki V, Scarpini CG, Smith S, Wallberg M, Paez-Ribes M, Araujo AM, Botthoff J, Feeney M, Hughes K, Caffarel MM, Coleman N.(2018) Anti-oncostatin M antibody inhibits the pro-malignant effects of oncostatin M receptor overexpression in squamous cell carcinoma. The Journal of Pathology 244: 283-295
3. Murray MJ, Watson HL, Ward D, Bailey S, Ferraresso M, Nicholson JC, Gnanapragasam VJ, Thomas B, Scarpini CG, Coleman N. (2017) ‘Future-proofing’ blood processing for measurement of circulating microRNAs in samples from biobanks and prospective clinical trials. Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers and Prevention 27:208-218
4. Groves IJ, Knight ELA, Ang QY, Scarpini CG, Coleman N (2016) HPV16 oncogene expression levels during early cervical carcinogenesis are determined by the balance of epigenetic chromatin modifications at the integrated virus genome. Oncogene 35:4773-86.
5. Murray MJ, Raby KL, Saini HK, Bailey S, Wool SV, Tunnacliffe JM, Enright AJ, Nicholson JC, Coleman N (2015) Solid tumors of childhood display specific serum microRNA profiles. Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers and Prevention 24:350-60