About the Project
A first degree (at least a 2.1) ideally in Computer Science or Computational Linguistics with a good fundamental knowledge of natural language processing techniques or machine learning.
English language requirement
IELTS score must be at least 6.5 (with not less than 6.0 in each of the four components). Other, equivalent qualifications will be accepted. Full details of the University’s policy are available here https://www.napier.ac.uk/research-and-innovation/research-degrees/application-process
• Experience of fundamental Natural Language Processing or Machine Learning techniques
• Competent in applying NLP toolkits, such as NLTK or Spacy, or ML toolkits such as Scikit-Learn or Tensorflow
• Knowledge of Argumentation Theory
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Strong motivation, with evidence of independent research skills relevant to the project
• Good time management
Understanding of topics in machine learning, computational argumentation, and defeasible reasoning would be advantageous.
When applying for this position please quote Project ID SOC0015
Edinburgh Napier University is committed to promoting equality and diversity in our staff and student community https://www.napier.ac.uk/about-us/university-governance/equality-and-diversity-information
Why not add a message here
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.