About the Project
The project will address the problem of joining aluminium alloy matrix composites with itself (homogeneous joining) or with unreinforced aluminium alloy (heterogeneous joining) with particular interest in the oil and gas industries applications. The focus will be on modelling the strength joints produced by different technologies aimed at optimising the joint configuration depending on the properties and geometries of the components.
Candidates should have (or expect to achieve) a UK honours degree at 2.1 or above (or equivalent) in applied mathematics, solid mechanics, engineering or materials science (or an equivalent qualification).
Essential background: mechanical engineering, solid mechanics with knowledge of numerical modelling using MatLab, C++ or FORTRAN.
• Apply for Degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering
• State name of the lead supervisor as the Name of Proposed Supervisor
• State ‘Self-funded’ as Intended Source of Funding
• State the exact project title on the application form
When applying please ensure all required documents are attached:
• All degree certificates and transcripts (Undergraduate AND Postgraduate MSc-officially translated into English where necessary)
• Detailed CV
Informal inquiries can be made to Prof I Guz ([Email Address Removed]) with a copy of your curriculum vitae and cover letter. All general enquiries should be directed to the Postgraduate Research School ([Email Address Removed])
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on our current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.