White Rose BBSRC Doctoral Training Partnership in Mechanistic Biology
4 year fully-funded programme of integrated research and skills training, starting Oct 2020:
• Research Council Stipend
• UK/EU Tuition Fees
• Conference and research funding
At least a 2:1 honours degree or equivalent. We welcome students with backgrounds in biological, chemical or physical sciences, or mathematical backgrounds with an interest in biological questions.
EU candidates require 3 years of UK residency to receive full studentship
Not all projects will be funded; the DTP will appoint a limited number of candidates via a competitive process.
1. Hancock, AM; Meredith, SA; Connell, SDA; Jeuken, LJC; Adams, PG (2019) Proteoliposomes as energy transferring nanomaterials: enhancing the spectral range of light-harvesting proteins using lipid-linked chromophores. Nanoscale 11, 16284-16292.
2. Adams PG; Vasilev C; Neil Hunter C; Johnson MP (2018) Correlated fluorescence quenching and topographic mapping of Light-Harvesting Complex II within surface-assembled aggregates and lipid bilayers. BBA Bioenergetics 1859, 1075-1085.
3. Kontziampasis, D, Klebl, DP, Iadanza, MG, Scarff, CA, Kopf, F, Sobott, F, Monteiro, CF, Trebbin, M, Muench SP. & White HD. A cryo-EM grid preparation device for time-resolved structural studies. (2019) IUCrJ 6, DOI: 10.1107/S2052252519011345.
4. Agip AA, Blaza JN, Bridges HR, Viscomi C, Rawson S, Muench SP, Hirst J. (2018) Cryo-EM structures of complex I from mouse heart mitochondria in two biochemically defined states. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 7, 548-556.
5. Rawson S, Bisson C, Hurdiss DL, Fazal A, McPhillie MJ, Sedelnikova SE, Baker PJ, Rice DW, Muench SP. (2018) Elucidating the structural basis for differing enzyme inhibitor potency by cryo-EM. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 115, 1795-1800.
FTE Category A staff submitted: 24.00
Research output data provided by the Research Excellence Framework (REF)Click here to see the results for all UK universities