About the Project
Eligibility and How to Apply:
Please note eligibility requirement:
• Academic excellence of the proposed student i.e. 2:1 (or equivalent GPA from non-UK universities [preference for 1st class honours]); or a Masters (preference for Merit or above); or APEL evidence of substantial practitioner achievement.
• Appropriate IELTS score, if required.
• Applicants cannot apply for this funding if currently engaged in Doctoral study at Northumbria or elsewhere.
For further details of how to apply, entry requirements and the application form, see
Please note: Applications should include a covering letter that includes a short summary (500 words max.) of a relevant piece of research that you have previously completed and the reasons you consider yourself suited to the project. Applications that do not include the advert reference (e.g. SF20/…) will not be considered.
Deadline for applications: 1st July for October start, or 1st December for March start
Start Date: October or March
Northumbria University takes pride in, and values, the quality and diversity of our staff. We welcome applications from all members of the community. The University holds an Athena SWAN Bronze award in recognition of our commitment to improving employment practices for the advancement of gender equality.
Please direct enquiries to Dr Rachel Ranson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Gamage P.P.K.M., Patel B.A., Yeoman M.S., Ranson R.N., Saffrey M.J. (2018) Interstitial cell network volume is reduced in the terminal bowel of ageing mice. J Cell Mol Med. 00:1‐5. https://doi.org/10.1111/jcmm.13794.
3. Patel, B.A., Fidalgo, S., Wang, C., Parmar, L., Mandona, K., Panossian, A., Flint, M.S., Ranson, R.N., Saffrey, M.J. and Yeoman, M.S. (2017) The TNF-α antagonist etanercept reverses age-related decreases in colonic SERT expression and faecal output in mice. Sci Rep. 7, Article number 42754
4. Ranson, R. N. and Saffrey, M.J. (2015). Neurogenic mechanisms in bladder and bowel ageing. Biogerontology. 16(2), 265-84.
Why not add a message here
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.