About the Project
The research objectives are to find answers of the questions like: (i) how can we identify the problems or issues in-advance (such as an equipment failure, overheating machine, gas leak, and broken water pipe) before they occur in such a complex system?, (ii) how to evaluate a situation weather it is under control or an emergency, and how to build advance alert capability?, and (iii) how to make the best use of the security controls implemented altogether to secure this massive infrastructure?
• Surveys on risk, impact and state of the art: safety-critical systems situational awareness
• Building capability: identifying the issues and threat modelling, monitoring techniques and creating advance alert situations
• Develop AI-driven distributed techniques for cyber security and assessment engines
• Incorporating the developed techniques and capabilities into a tool that offers a situational awareness alerting platform
• Academic technical publications
Please contact Dr. Neetesh Saxena ([Email Address Removed]) to discuss this project.
Supervisor Profile: https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/people/view/1724111-saxena-neetesh
A 2:1 Honours undergraduate degree or a master's degree, in computing or a related subject.
Applicants for whom English is not their first language must demonstrate their proficiency by obtaining an IELTS score of at least 6.5 overall, with a minimum of 6.0 in each skills component.
HOW TO APPLY
Follow the instructions here: https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/research/programmes/programme/computer-science-and-informatics
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.