Requirements: The candidate should have a first class degree, or a master’s degree in Microelectronics Evidence of good spoken and written English is essential. The candidate should have an IELTS score of 6.5 or above, if the first language is not English. This position is open to all qualified candidates irrespective of nationality.
Degree: The student will be awarded a PhD degree from the University of Liverpool (UK) upon successful completion of the program.
Power ICs are ubiquitous for power electronic applications like solar inverters, data centers and motor drivers etc. This study will implement a monolithic integrated GaNon-Si DC-DC converter, in which the bootstrap gate driver, PWM control circuits and power devices are all planed on a single chip. The converter will convert a voltage of 35 V to 5 V, with a working frequency of 1 MHz. In the meanwhile, this power IC will have a power density of 5 W/mm2, and its stability at high temperatures like 250 °C will be investigated with implementing plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition.
For more information about doctoral scholarship and PhD programme at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU): Please visit
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are advised to email [Email Address Removed] (XJTLU principal supervisor’s email address) the following documents for initial review and assessment (please put the project title in the subject line).
• Two reference letters with company/university letterhead
• Personal statement outlining your interest in the position
• Proof of English language proficiency (an IELTS score of 6.5 or above)
• Verified school transcripts in both Chinese and English (for international students, only the English version is required)
• Verified certificates of education qualifications in both Chinese and English (for international students, only the English version is required)
• PDF copy of Master Degree dissertation (or an equivalent writing sample) and examiners reports available