This industrial MPhil project is focusing on providing innovative strategies for market penetration and diversification for DPI (UK) Ltd, a company with excellence in manufacture and sales of display signage. These new innovative marketing processes will include strategic market diversification and embedding of these applied into the skills and culture of the organisation. The project will encourage and incentivise the company to innovate and launch new marketing processes to develop new routes to market through the implementation of the strategies.
This 1 year MPhil student research project will include desk research, qualitative and quantitative research to understand our existing and new markets. The qualitative research stage would cover how design and retail agencies source retail furnishings now, including displays, what customers need, direction of market, and key market drivers. The quantitative stage will use online questionnaires to measure key factors from the qualitative stage to measure and assess market opportunities. This research will be analysed and assessed to provide a marketing strategy including actionable recommendations for the company. The last stage of the project would be to assist the client to implement and embed the findings and actions to improve their market penetration of existing markets and diversification into new markets.
Closing date: Open until filled
Start date: The project must start no later than 1 June 2022
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Research or Business Development with at least UK 2:1 or overseas equivalent.
- University of Leicester English language requirements apply.
- You will be self-motivated and enjoy taking the initiative and planning your own work.
- You will have excellent oral and written English, presentation and training skills, time management skills, and be confident in working to deadlines set by the client and academic supervisors.
- You will have a good knowledge of marketing, marketing research and digital marketing communications strategies and be enthusiastic about applying and developing your knowledge in a dynamic and professional working environment.
- You will be enthusiastic about developing your client engagement skills, including making regular reports and presentations to senior directors in the organisation.
- You will be motivated to develop your theoretical and conceptual knowledge of marketing and digital marketing strategy, and be motivated to work on preparing and submitting an extended academic thesis in fulfilment of the requirements of MPhil.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- A commitment to high-quality academic research and applying your knowledge to real-world professional business contexts.
- Proven competency in IT, and familiarity with a computerised environment.
Refer to the How to Apply advice and use the online application link on our website https://le.ac.uk/study/research-degrees/funded-opportunities/erdf-lih200-fitchett