This is a CASE studentship in partnership with Revelar and will be funded under the MRC Doctoral Training Programme. If you are interested in this project, please make direct contact with the Supervisor to discuss the project further as soon as possible. You MUST also submit an online application form - full details on how to apply can be found here View Website.
As an equal opportunities institution we welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and transgender status. All appointments are made on merit.
1. Trivedi DK, Sinclair E, Xu Y, Sarkar D, Walton-Doyle C, Liscio C, Banks P, Milne J, Silverdale M, Kunath T, Goodacre R, Barran Pl. Discovery of Volatile Biomarkers of Parkinson's Disease from Sebum. ACS Central Science. 2019. https://doi.org/10.1021/acscentsci.8b00879
2. Hayton C, Terrington D, Wilson AM, Chaudhuri N, Leonard C, Fowler SJ. Breath biomarkers in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis: a systematic review. Respir Res. 2019 Jan 11;20(1):7. doi: 10.1186/s12931-019-0971-8
3. Lawal O, Knobel H, Weda H, Bos LD, Nijsen TME, Goodacre R, Fowler SJ. Volatile organic compound signature from co-culture of lung epithelial cell line with Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Analyst. 2018 Jul 7;143(13):3148-3155. doi: 10.1039/c8an00759d.
4. Ahmed WM, Brinkman P, Weda H, Knobel HH, Xu Y, Nijsen TM, Goodacre R, Rattray N, Vink TJ, Santonico M, Pennazza G, Montuschi P, Sterk PJ, Fowler SJ. Methodological considerations for large-scale breath analysis studies: lessons from the U-BIOPRED severe asthma project. J Breath Res. 2018;13(1):016001. doi: 10.1088/1752-7163/aae557.
5. Bos LD, Sterk PJ, Fowler SJ. Breathomics in the setting of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2016;138:970-6