About the Project
Candidates should have (or expect to achieve) a UK honours degree at 2.1 or above (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline (e.g. Renewable Energy, Mechanical, Electrical, Power, Civil/Structural) or Applied Maths.
Applicants must have a good background knowledge in renewable energy conversion systems and programming in MATLAB and be familiar with and willing to develop a strong background knowledge in engineering design methods and optimisation techniques during the course of their PhD study.
• Apply for Degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering
• State name of the lead supervisor as the Name of Proposed Supervisor
• State ‘Self-funded’ as Intended Source of Funding
• State the exact project title on the application form
When applying please ensure all required documents are attached:
• All degree certificates and transcripts (Undergraduate AND Postgraduate MSc-officially translated into English where necessary)
• Detailed CV
Informal inquiries can be made to Dr A Maheri (email@example.com), with a copy of your curriculum vitae and cover letter. All general enquiries should be directed to the Postgraduate Research School (firstname.lastname@example.org)
It is possible to undertake this project by distance learning. Interested parties should contact Dr Maheri to discuss this.
2. Maheri, Alireza (2014) A critical evaluation of deterministic methods in size optimisation of reliable and cost effective standalone Hybrid renewable energy systems. Reliability Engineering & System Safety, 130. pp. 159-174. ISSN 0951-8320
3. Maheri, Alireza (2014) Multi-objective design optimisation of standalone hybrid wind-PV-diesel systems under uncertainties. Renewable Energy, 66. pp. 650-661. ISSN 0960-1481
Why not add a message here
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.