This studentship is fully funded for 3 years and covers: (i) a tax-free annual stipend at the standard Research Council rate (£15,009 estimated for 2020 entry), (ii) research costs, and (iii) tuition fees at the UK/EU rate. Teaching studentships are available to any student who is eligible to pay tuition fees at the home rate: View Website
Other funding is available to those who are eligible for research council studentships: View Website
Funding may be provided by a Chemistry Teaching Studentship for which you should submit a separate application: View Website
 Robinson, A. D., Richardson, P. M. & Halse, M. E., Applied Sciences 9 (2019) 1173.
 Richardson et al. Analyst 143 (2018) 3442-3450.
 Semenova et al. Analytical Chemistry (2019) in press.
Candidate selection process:
• Applicants should submit a PhD application to the University of York by 8 January 2020
• Applicants should submit a Teaching Studentship Application by 8 January 2020: https://www.york.ac.uk/chemistry/postgraduate/research/teachingphd/
• Supervisors may contact candidates either by email, telephone, web-chat or in person
• Supervisors can nominate up to 2 candidates to be interviewed for the project
• The interview panel will shortlist candidates for interview from all those nominated
• Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a panel interview at the University of York in the week commencing 10 February 2020
• The awarding committee will award studentships following the panel interviews
• Candidates will be notified of the outcome of the panel’s decision by email
FTE Category A staff submitted: 47.06
Research output data provided by the Research Excellence Framework (REF)Click here to see the results for all UK universities