ONLY OPEN TO AUSTRALIAN DOMESTIC STUDENTS
Fortify Australia’s manufacturing sector
Australian manufacturers are facing a plethora of cybersecurity challenges from vulnerabilities across their IT infrastructure and processes.
The country’s Digital Trust Report 2020 estimates that a four-week interruption caused by a significant cyber incident would cost the economy $30 billion (1.5% of Australia’s GDP) and around 163,000 jobs.
Driven by the urgent needs of partners such as DXC, Amazon, ASTA and Sysbox, this program will equip you to build sovereign Australian cyber capabilities to secure business-critical manufacturing systems.
Your study experience
As a PhD student in this cohort-driven program, you will:
- collaborate with major players in the manufacturing sector, CSIRO and universities to address pressing cybersecurity needs
- leverage diverse expertise in IT, human capital and management to improve productivity, responsibility, awareness and culture
- develop cybersecurity technologies to help Australian manufacturing businesses identify, protect, respond to and recover from cyberattacks
- tackle challenges around community acceptance and social impact associated with adopting new cybersecurity technologies in manufacturing
- promote effective digital transformation and growth across the country’s manufacturing sector
- gain important attributes such as research innovation and independence, as well as teamwork and leadership – enhancing your employability and career prospects.
Your PhD program includes
- $40,500 annual stipend for 3.5 years
- Industry placement for 6 months (or equivalent total duration)
- $5,000 annual research expenses (minimum)
- $5,000 international travel (minimum)
- Expert academic and industry supervision
- CSIRO-led 9-week industry training
About the Next Generation Graduates Program
Established by CSIRO, the Next Generation Graduates Programs focus on developing a pipeline of home-grown, job-ready graduates to unlock the immense economic opportunities offered by AI and emerging technologies.
Research at Australia’s most innovative university*
The Faculty of IT at Monash University is seeking exceptional PhD candidates to join cutting-edge projects led by world-class experts.
Monash is the only university out of the prestigious Group of Eight to have a dedicated IT faculty rated ‘Above world standard’ across all categories in Information and Computing Sciences*. We’re also home to pioneers of cybersecurity who are shaping international standards of quality and helping other countries enhance their cyber maturity and capabilities.
*State of Australian University Research 2018-19: ERA National Report