ONLY OPEN TO AUSTRALIAN DOMESTIC STUDENTS
Pave the way for privacy-preserving machine learning (PPML)
Strongly aligned with the Australian Government's Digital Economy Strategy 2030 and Modern Manufacturing Initiative and National Manufacturing Priorities, this initiative aims to safeguard sensitive data and models to protect both users and businesses.
On top of cultivating tomorrow’s national workforce skilled in PPML, it will also pave the way for broad market adoptions of PPML – making this technology an integral part of the country’s future digital economy and society.
It will explore emerging privacy-enhancing techniques for realising PPML systems, address practical challenges during deployment and drive its adoption across Australia.
Your study experience
As part of a driven cohort, you will gain multi-disciplinary knowledge and skills in AI, ML and cybersecurity – working with leading supervisors from academia and industry to:
- explore emerging privacy-enhancing techniques
- design new algorithms and protocols for realising PPML systems
- investigate real-world PPML deployment and settings
- integrate and apply PPML systems to priority sectors such as healthcare
- uplift the IT, medical AI and e-commerce industries, and our partner organisations, through the integration and application of PPML systems – resulting from upgraded product lines, new marketable products and innovative cybersecurity solutions
- safeguard sensitive data from end-users and increase their confidence in using our partner’s products
- ease privacy and security concerns around adopting machine learning-based solutions – encouraging more users and facilitating the transformation of Australia’s digital economy.
Your PhD program includes
- $40,500 annual stipend for 3.5 years
- Industry placement for 6 months (or equivalent total duration)
- $5,000 annual research expenses (minimum)
- $5,000 international travel (minimum)
- Expert academic and industry supervision
- CSIRO-led 9-week industry training
About the Next Generation Graduates Program
Established by CSIRO, the Next Generation Graduates Programs focus on developing a pipeline of home-grown, job-ready graduates to unlock the immense economic opportunities offered by AI and emerging technologies.
Research at Australia’s most innovative university*
The Faculty of IT at Monash University is seeking exceptional PhD candidates to join cutting-edge projects led by world-class experts.
Monash is the only university out of the prestigious Group of Eight to have a dedicated IT faculty rated ‘Above world standard’ across all categories in Information and Computing Sciences*. We also received five out of five for AI and Image Processing** – and are known for driving innovation for social good across the field.
*State of Australian University Research 2018-19: ERA National Report
** 2018 Excellence in Research for Australia