Funded by an EPSRC DTG and awarded by the School of Chemistry. The funding covers tuition fees and a stipend for 3.5 years (£14,777p.a. in 2018/19).
Open to UK/EU applicants only.
We expect the Programme to commence in September 2019.
For references related to the project, see:
1. Molecular magnetic hysteresis at 60 K in dysprosocenium; C. A. P. Goodwin, F. Ortu, D. Reta, N. F. Chilton, D. P. Mills, Nature, 2017, 548, 439.
2. Synthesis and Electronic Structures of Heavy Lanthanide Metallocene Cations; C. A. P. Goodwin, D. Reta, F. Ortu, N. F. Chilton, D. P. Mills, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2017, 139, 18714.
3. Actinide covalency measured by pulsed electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy; A. Formanuik, A. M. Ariciu, F. Ortu, R. Beekmeyer, A. Kerridge, F. Tuna, E. J. L. McInnes, D. P. Mills, Nature Chemistry 2017, 9, 578.
4. Terbocenium: completing a heavy lanthanide metallocenium cation family with an alternative anion abstraction strategy; C. A. P. Goodwin, D. Reta, F. Ortu, J. Liu, N. F. Chilton, D. P. Mills, Chem. Commun., 2018, 54, 9182.
5. The first near-linear bis(amide) f-block complex: a blueprint for a high temperature single molecule magnet; N. F. Chilton, C. A. P. Goodwin, D. P. Mills, R. E. P. Winpenny, Chem. Commun. 2015, 51, 101.