System modelling and simulation of Optical Fibre for sensors or lasers or communications. Optical fibres are widely used in many fields. In the recent past lots of research going on in optical fibre sensors, lasers, communications for various applications. This PhD research work will on modelling and simulations of optical fibre lasers for applications towards sensors or lasers or communications. This research work will be completely theoretical.
Selection will be made on the basis of academic merit. The successful candidate should have, or expect to obtain, a UK Honours degree at 2.1 or above (or equivalent) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Electronic & Communication Engineering, Physics. Applicants will have a background that includes topics such as Basic system modelling, programming & simulations, mathematics.
Formal applications can be completed online: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/pgap/login.php
• Apply for Degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering
• State name of the lead supervisor as the Name of Proposed Supervisor
• State ‘Self-funded’ as Intended Source of Funding
• State the exact project title on the application form
When applying please ensure all required documents are attached:
• All degree certificates and transcripts (Undergraduate AND Postgraduate MSc-officially translated into English where necessary)
• Detailed CV, Personal Statement/Motivation Letter and Intended source of funding
Informal inquiries can be made to Dr N Kaliyaperumal ([Email Address Removed]) with a copy of your curriculum vitae and cover letter. All general enquiries should be directed to the Postgraduate Research School ([Email Address Removed])