About the Project
This studentship investigates these open problems by developing both machine learning and Monte Carlo approaches aimed at establishing the optimal bounds for quantum/private communication. It will also entail the development and implementation of advanced data processing techniques for extending the range of CV QKD protocols. The work is theoretical but also in collaboration with experimental QKD activity at the University. The studentship will require knowledge in quantum information and practical skills in a modern programming language (Python, C).
If successful, you will work under the supervision of Professor Stefano Pirandola.
To be considered for this funding you must:
1. meet the entrance requirements for a PhD in Computer Science
2. be eligible to pay home/EU fees and be able to meet the EPSRC requirements: https://www.epsrc.ac.uk/skills/students/help/eligibility/*
* EU applicants who do not meet the EPSRC residency requirements can apply to be considered for a fees only award
We will look favourably on applicants that can demonstrate knowledge of quantum information and practical skills in a modern programming language (Python, C).
To apply for this studentship
1. You must apply online for a full-time PhD in Computer Science.
2. You must quote the project title (Continuous variable quantum key distribution with multi-mode signals) in your application. There is no need to write a full formal research proposal (2,000-3,000 words) in your application to study as this studentship is for a specific project. However, you should provide a personal statement of 500-1,000 words with your initial thoughts on the research topic.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 05/03/2019.
Interviews are expected to take place within approximately 14 days of the closing date.
The studentship must begin October, 2019.
1. £14,777 (2018/19 rate) per year stipend
2. Home/EU tuition fees
3. RTSG (training/consumables/travel) provision
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.