About the Project
Ph.D. position in Marketing – Customer Experience Management in a Digital Context
Lille Economics and Management (LEM UMR CNRS 9221) and IÉSEG School of Management invite applications for a Ph.D. position in Marketing
ABOUT IÉSEG SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
· IÉSEG is ACCSB, EQUIS and AMBA accredited and is a member of the “Conférence des Grandes Écoles”.
· IÉSEG is member of a CNRS (French National Center for Scientific Research) research lab: LEM.
· IÉSEG’s faculty is very diverse with 45 different nationalities represented.
ABOUT LILLE ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT (LEM)
· LEM is a research unit, labellised by the CNRS, associating the University of Lille and IÉSEG School of Management
· LEM comprises about 200 researchers and 100 doctoral students in economics and management.
· LEM is a young, internationally oriented and dynamic laboratory with a strong scientific ambition.
· Applicants should have a Master in marketing or in management with a strong background in marketing
· He/she is expected to possess strong analytical skills and have a commitment to research excellence
· He/she should be curious and rigorous and he/she should also display a high level of team-spirit.
· A passion for new technologies and their opportunities to improve the customer experience.
· Good master of statistical methods and software (SAS, SPSS,…)
· Fluent in English. Ability to write high-standard text in English.
· Fluent in French is a plus.
The Ph.D. student will be supervised by Dr. Nathalie Demoulin (IÉSEG School of Management), co-supervised by Dr. Gwarlann de Kerviler and Dr. Helen Cocco and will be affiliated to the Marketing and Sales department.
The Ph.D proposal aims at improving the customer experience in the retailing sector through innovative technologies. Innovative touchpoints like kiosks, mobile devices and recent technological innovations such as virtual reality and augmented reality provide interactive and multisensory experience to customers change the customer journey and raises new questions such as privacy or ethicality. Customers response to emerging technologies and Artificial Intelligence and are relatively unexplored, particularly at early stages of the customer journey.
The PhD candidates will get all the means and support to engage in innovative business relevant research projects with high potential to get published in international peer-reviewed journals. The aim is to obtain the degree of PhD after 3 years.
The selected applicant is expected to begin his/her assignment in September 2021. Gross salary will be competitive with other European research and academic institutions. The Ph.D. student will be based in Lille (on the site of IÉSEG School of Management). Given its status, IÉSEG School of Management has no doctoral school. The selected candidate will have to enroll in Ph.D. program in another institution (Guidance will be provided in that respect). The Ph.D. student will get all the means and support to engage in innovative business relevant research projects with high potential to get published in international peer-reviewed journals.
We will begin considering candidates immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please send your application before May, 14 2021. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
Why not add a message here
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.