About the Project
Cardiff Business School invites applications from exceptional candidates with a first class or strong upper second class honours degree, and/or appropriate Master’s degree. The University values diversity and equality at all levels and we encourage applications from all sections of the community, irrespective of age, disability, sex, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
The successful candidate will be enrolled on the PhD in Business and Management at Cardiff Business School.
Please visit here for further information about the PhD Programme at Cardiff Business School.
The ideal candidate for this project has a specialist Master’s Degree in Business, Management or related subjects from an internationally renowned University. Applicants with a strong first degree will also be considered. The ideal applicant has the motivation and ability to conduct fieldwork and is keen to adopt a mixed-methods approach.
5G introduces high levels of automation into logistics management and security and powers the concepts such as smart port, autonomous and intelligent supply chain management. Used in combination with other digital technologies such as Internet of Things and cloud/edge computing, 5G will have a profound impact on logistics and supply chain management. Yet its implications are yet to be fully understood. The PhD candidate will work closely with the supervisor to examine a number of usecase scenarios, assessing benefits, risks/challenges associated with 5G deployment and develop theoretical insights that informs its further diffusion in logistics and supply chains.
Applicants should take careful consideration of the working title and description of the project, and may wish to contact the named member of staff for a discussion prior to applying.
· The Lead supervisor on this project is, Dr Yingli Wang, WangY14@cardiff.ac.uk
When applying, please specify the project title and supervisor of this project and whether you are self-funded or are applying for funding (within or external to the University).
The application must contain the following documents:
1. Covering letter: The covering letter must name the project being applied for and should be addressed to the supervisor. It must set out your reasons and motivation for applying to study at Cardiff University; your understanding, and expectations of doctoral study; and your academic interests generally, and particularly how these relate to the description of the project supplied. The covering letter should be no more than two pages.
2. Academic / Professional Qualifications: Where appropriate, this should also include proof of English Language Competency (7.0 IELTS minimum).
3. References: All applications require two academic references to be submitted in support. Candidates must approach referees themselves and include the references with their application.
4. Curriculum Vitae: This should be no longer than two pages.
5. Research Proposal: The proposal should build directly on the project description that has been supplied. The proposal should be up to a maximum of 1000 words, not including bibliographic references. We suggest that you use the following five headings in your research proposal:
• Your reflections on the title, aims and purpose of the research;
• An overview of some key research literature relevant to the study;
• Your proposals for developing the design and methods of the study;
• A description of potential outcomes of the project for understanding, knowledge, policy and practice (as appropriate to the topic);
• Bibliographic references
This program is available in English only. To request information in Welsh, please contact the Postgraduate Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
This project is not funded, applications from self-funded students are welcome. Outstanding applicants may be considered for one of the available University scholarships. The start date is 1st October 2021.
For more information about scholarships, entry requirements and application process please visit our website: View Website
Why not add a message here
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.