We are seeking a highly motivated researcher to join our team as a PhD student at the Institute of Organic and Macromolecular Chemistry of the Friedrich Schiller University in Jena, Germany.
Your main tasks will include:
- Research in the field of organic and inorganic chemistry with focus on development of new catalytic methods and their application to synthesis of (biologically) relevant molecules
- Summary, presentation and publication of the results
- The candidate is expected to complete and submit a doctoral thesis
- Teaching undergraduate courses (lab and problem sessions)
Successful applicants will receive training in organic synthesis, organometallic and/or bioorganic chemistry. Special attention will be given to development of transferable skills such as oral and written reporting of results, project planning and time management.
We offer excellent working conditions and well equipped state-of-the-art research facilities. Located in the thriving university town of Jena, together with colleagues from surrounding institutes we are an integral part of a large local scientific community that offers students an opportunity to work in a dynamic, international and interdisciplinary research training environment.
Applications are invited from highly motivated candidates with excellent qualifications, passion for science and experience in chemical research. Successful applicants will have:
- M.Sc. or equivalent degree in Chemistry or related discipline with distinction (or be in the final stage of their studies towards the M.Sc. degree)
- Solid knowledge of organic and inorganic chemistry
- Scientific curiosity and ability to work independently in the laboratory
- Good communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- Fluency in English
Application package should include a curriculum vitae, copies of academic degrees and transcripts, a motivation letter with a statement of research interests, a copy of the M.Sc. thesis and two recommendation letters or contact details of three referees. Please send your application package as a single PDF file to [email protected]
as soon as possible. Selected applicants will be interviewed shortly upon receiving their application materials so early applications are encouraged.