The SDU Software Engineering (https://www.sdu.dk/en/om_sdu/institutter_centre/sdusoftwareengineering
) at the Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller Institute, University of Southern Denmark (https://www.sdu.dk/en
), invites applications for a fully-funded 3-year PhD position in Software Engineering. The PhD position is part of a project within the Software Engineering section entitled Software Engineering of Machine-Learning-based Analytics for IoT Data.
The position is available August 1, 2020, or as soon as possible thereafter. Application deadline is June 1, 2020. You can only apply for the position through SDU website http://www.sdu.dk/en/service/ledige_stillinger
, where you also find information about needed documents and enclosures for applying the position.
SDU Software Engineering is a relatively new and growing section focusing on many aspects of software engineering and production from requirements to test as well as data and security across many domains. We are focusing on building a strong collaborative environment and we are currently expanding with many new positions.
The goal of this doctoral project is to design and develop scalable systems for machine-learning-based analytics of IoT data. This project will incorporate developing software technologies based on novel software architectures and semantic technology to enable scalable machine-learning based analytics of IoT data. The technologies will be developed and evaluated for the analysis of IoT data for buildings. The position is connected to a collaboration project with companies in the building sector.
• You will conduct research in the intersection of software architecture, Internet of Things and machine learning.
• You will develop open-source software prototypes.
• You will publish and present your work both at international conferences and in scientific journals with high impact.
• You will assist in teaching activities.
Profile and requirements:
• MSc degree (equivalent to a Danish master's degree) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Informatics or equivalent
• Comfortable learning new programming languages if needed
• Experience (or a genuine interest) in doing research
• Strong communication skills
• Comfortable working both independently or within a team
• Interested in longer term commitment in a growing research group
• Fluent in English, both spoken and written
You can only apply for the position through our website https://www.sdu.dk/en/service/ledige_stillinger/1100259
Your application must be registered in our system on the 1st June 2020 at 23.59.59 CET at the latest.