About the Project
Research environmentSDU Software Engineering is a relatively new and growing section focusing on many aspects of software engineering and production across requirement, design, verification and validation, as well as data analysis, and security in various domains. We are focused on building a strong collaborative environment and are currently expanding.
The PhD projectThe successful applicant will provide a model-based design and formal analysis technology for the development of safety and security-critical Cyber-Physical Systems with advanced IoT features. This research will focus on developing tool-supported methodologies to integrate various verification & validation techniques for modeling CPS/IoT applications and supporting automatic formal analysis within an Industry 4.0 platform.
The PhD student will work on topics related to safety, security, and control of CPS/IoT with the aim of developing design methodologies, algorithms, and tools to support trusted automation.
The research topics cover:
• Foundations for CPS and IoT including formal reasoning, modeling, and specification of dynamic behaviors of systems.
• Model-based development and energy prediction/optimization of interconnected networked embedded systems.
• Model checking for quantitative systems including statistical or/and SMT-based model checking.
Proficiency in programming skills (Java, C/C++, MATLAB and/or other programming languages), theoretical background in formal methods and system verification & validation are preferred.
Job description• You will conduct research in the corresponding research areas.
• You will develop an open-source software prototype.
• You will publish and present your work both at international conferences and in scientific journals with high impact.
• You will assist in teaching and supervision activities.
Profile and requirements• MSc degree (equivalent to a Danish master's degree) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics or related areas.
• Thorough theoretical background, i.e., formal methods and/or verification & validation.
• Strong communication skills.
• Willingness to support industrial partners and overall research project progress.
• Comfortable working both independently and within a team.
• Interested in contributing to teaching and supervision.
• Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
Contact informationFor further information, please contact Associate Professor Eun-Young Kang, email: [email protected].
Conditions of employmentApplicants are required to have a master's degree (equivalent to a Danish master's degree) at the time of enrollment and employment. Employment as a PhD fellow is a 3-year salaried position (start salary amounts to approx. 3.378,- EURO per month incl. supplements). (https://www.sdu.dk/en/forskning/phd/bliv_phd/conditions)
Employment of a PhD fellow can only happen after the Head of the PhD School has approved the candidate for admission to the PhD school. Employment and enrollment will cease without further notice at the end of the period.
A PhD fellow is not allowed to have any kind of sideline employment, while enrolled as PhD fellow at the faculty. (https://www.sdu.dk/en/forskning/phd/phd_skoler/phdtek/phdstudietsforloebindhold/sideline_employment)
Employment is governed by the Protocol on PhD Research Fellows signed by the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. Please check links for more information on salary and taxation.
The successful candidate will be enrolled at SDU in accordance with Faculty regulations and the Danish Ministerial Order on the PhD Programme at the Universities (PhD order), read more here.
The assessment processRead about the Assesment and selection process (https://www.sdu.dk/-/media/files/om_sdu/ledige_stillinger/ansoegere/tek/assessment_and_selection_process_faculty_of_engineering.pdf?la=en&hash=64F935F2851B68926CC0E3F9E59488C076BD9002). Shortlisting may be used.
Application procedureThe Faculty expects applicants to read the Faculty information for prospective PhD students and How to apply before applying.
The application must be in English and must include - the required forms must be found at the above mentioned Faculty website https://www.sdu.dk/en/forskning/phd/phd_skoler/phdtek/becomephd:
• Completed TEK PhD application form for 5+3 applicants.
• Motivation letter stating your specific interest, motivation and qualifications for the position/project in question (max. 2 pages). Upload in the field called "Project description".
• Detailed Curriculum Vitae, describing research, publication and teaching experience, computational skills and including personal contact information.
• Verified copies of the official bachelor diploma and master's diploma and transcripts of exams.
• Completed TEK PhD form for calculation grade point average. Upload in one of the fields called "Publication".
• An official document describing the grading scheme of the awarding universities (if not Danish). Upload in one of the fields called "Publication".
• An official and verified written assessment of the thesis or dissertation project from the grade giving institution, if the thesis/examination project is evaluated by approved/passed. The statement must clearly state that the candidate has been among the top 30 pct. in the graduation class for the study programme.
• References, if any. You're welcome to use the form for reference letter at the Faculty website.
• List of publications and maximum 2 examples of relevant publications, in case you have any publications.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
You can only apply for the position through our website http://www.sdu.dk/en/service/ledige_stillinger.
Your application must be registered in our system on the 1. november 2020 at 23.59.59 CET at the latest.
Why not add a message here
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.