This project is no longer listed on FindAPhD.com and may not be available.Click here to search FindAPhD.com for PhD studentship opportunities
Scholarship will provide AUD$27,596 per year (tax-free for 3 years) to applicant and course fees will also be waived.
You will ideally have a background in materials science (Masters level). You will form part of a world-class team of researchers in a group with 5 post doctoral fellows and 5 other PhD students working in energy storage. Early applications are preferred.
The following research articles provide a background into the research:
1. Humphries, T.D., et al (2019) ‘Dolomite: A Low Cost Thermochemical Energy Storage Material’, Journal of Materials Chemistry A. http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c8ta07254j
2. Dong, D., et al (2017) ‘Thermal optimisation of metal hydride reactors for thermal energy storage applications’, Sustainable Energy & Fuels, 1, 1820-1829. http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c7se00316a
3. Sheppard, D.A., et al (2016) ‘Metal Hydrides for Concentrating Solar Thermal Power Energy Storage’, Applied Physics A: Materials Science & Processing, 122, 395. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00339-016-9825-0
4. Paskevicius, M., et al (2015) ‘Metal Hydride Thermal Heat Storage Prototype for Concentrating Solar Thermal Power’, Energy, 88, 469-477. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2015.05.068
5. Fellet, M. (2013) ‘Research on metal hydrides revived for next-generation solutions to renewable energy storage’ Buckley, C.E., Paskevicius, M., Sheppard, D.A. (Ed.), MRS Bulletin: Energy Quarterly, 38, 1012-1013. http://dx.doi.org/10.1557/mrs.2013.288