The Institute of Molecular and Clinical Ophthalmology Basel (IOB) is seeking highly motivated PhD students to join the Genetics Group (Prof. Rivolta – University of Basel).
IOB is a research institute combining basic and clinical research. Its mission is to drive innovations in understanding vision and its diseases and develop new therapies for vision loss. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your abilities challenged, and your knowledge expanded.
The Genetics group is involved in forefront research on hereditary blindness, by applying both a computational and an experimental approach to the analysis of raw genome data. Our main goal is the identification of DNA mutations that lead to visual loss and the study of the molecular mechanisms that are impaired by such mutations.
- Perform high-quality research in the field of medical genetics, and in particular of ophthalmic genetics
- MSc in computational biology, computer sciences, molecular biology, genetics, or equivalent field, or MD degree
- Enthusiasm to develop new research activities
- Highly organized, highly motivated
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Cross-sectional knowledge (genetics or biology for candidates with a degree in informatics and informatics for candidates with a degree in biology or medicine) is a plus
- Highly competitive conditions in a dynamic and international research community in Basel
- IOB is an equal-opportunity employer with family-friendly work policies
Application / Contact
Interested candidates should submit their application documents as a single PDF file to [email protected]
by February 29th, 2020. Please indicate the position you are applying for by writ-ing the reference number (IOB043) on the subject line.
For further information, please visit our website http://www.iob.ch
or contact Lavinia Brunold ([email protected]