To strengthen our team in the division "Biophotonics" in Berlin-Adlershof we are looking for a PhD student (m/f/d) in the field of physical chemistry or comparable.
Salary group 13 TVöD
Temporary contract for 36 months
The working time is 67 %
The Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung (BAM) is a materials research organization in Germany. Our mission is to ensure safety in technology and chemistry. We perform research and testing in materials science, materials engineering and chemistry to improve the safety of products and processes. At BAM we do research that matters. Our work covers a broad array of topics in the focus areas of energy, infrastructure, environment, materials, and analytical sciences.
We are looking for talented people to join us.
Your responsibilities include:
- Spectroscopic, photophysical and mechanistic characterisation of AIE dyes with different substitution patterns in solvents and matrices of varying polarity and viscosity, if necessary also temperature-dependent investigations
- Incorporation into nanoscale systems such as organic polymer particles or silica particles, and surface functionalisation of the nanoscale materials
- Analytical characterisation of the materials and optical-spectroscopic investigations of the photoluminescence properties
- Investigations into the suitability as white light-emitting OLED materials and material optimisation
- Completed university studies (diploma, master) in the field of physical chemistry or comparable
- Very good knowledge and experience in the optical-spectroscopic characterisation of fluorophores, preferably organic dyes, and their photophysics
- Very good knowledge of optical spectroscopic methods (preferably fluorescence spectroscopy)
- Good knowledge of English (spoken and written)
- Good skills in writing scientific texts
- Good knowledge and experience in the production of nanoparticles and their surface modification and characterisation is desirable
- Interest in the development of functional materials for photonic applications such as white OLEDs is advantageous
- Interest in interdisciplinary work is desirable
- Good communication and information behaviour, initiative/commitment and ability to make decisions, ability to work in a team and willingness to cooperate, flexibility as well as conceptual, strategic and innovative thinking skills
- Interdisciplinary research at the interface of politics, economics and society
- Work in national and international networks with universities, research institutes and industrial companies
- Outstanding facilities and infrastructure
- Flexible working hours and mobile working
We welcome applications via the online application form by 04.01.2023. Alternatively, you can also send your application by post, quoting the reference number 362/22-1.2 to:
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und ‑prüfung
Referat Z.3 – Personal
Unter den Eichen 87
Dr. Resch-Genger will be glad to answer any specific questions you may have. Please get in touch via the telephone number +49 30 8104-1134 and/or by email to [Email Address Removed].
BAM pursues the goal of professional equality between women and men. We therefore particularly welcome applications from women. In addition, BAM supports the integration of severely disabled persons and therefore especially welcomes their applications. With regard to the fulfilment of the job advertisement requirements, the application documents are examined individually. Recognised severely disabled persons will be given preferential consideration if they are equally suitable.
The advertised position requires a low level of physical aptitude.
BAM actively supports the compatibility of work and family and has been certified as a family- and life-phase-conscious employer by the "audit berufundfamilie" since 2015.