We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our team to work on an interdisciplinary project. The candidate must be mastered several techniques, such as general DNA and RNA manipulation techniques purification, cloning, mutagenesis, PCR, RT-PCR, qPCR, chromatin Immunoprecipitation, proteomic techniques (protein extraction, subcellular fractionation, western blot, protein-protein interaction techniques).
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG is composed by an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team which is supported both by a flexible and efficient administration and by high-end and innovative technologies.
In April 2021, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the renewal of the 'HR Excellence in Research' Award from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code).
Please, check out our Recruitment Policy
About the lab
Understanding the genetic basis of cancers has been a topic of intense research, and hundreds of gene mutations have been identified that can cause carcinogenesis. However, in the past few years, increasing evidence has suggested that mutations are not the only genetic changes that lead to cancer. Indeed, perturbations of chromatin structure and of other epigenetic mechanisms can cause inappropriate gene expression and genomic instability, resulting in cellular transformation and malignant outgrowth.
Our research investigation is focused on understanding the role of several protein complexes that are involved in chromatin dynamics and metabolism, which when altered could participate in the establishment and maintenance of the aberrant silencing of tumour suppressor genes during transformation.
Whom would we like to hire?
- You have previous experience in the field of molecular and cellular biology
- You are a highly motivated and organized candidate
- You are fluent in English
Education and training
- The candidate must hold (by the start date) a Master's degree (300 ECTS credits)
- You are proficient in English
- Proteomic techniques (protein extraction, subcellular fractionation, western blot, protein-protein interaction techniques)
- Cell culture of primary and stablished cell line
- You have highly developed organization skills
- You are capable of working in a group, and with a high degree of work autonom
The Offer – Working Conditions
- Contract duration: 4 years
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales
- Target start date: As soon as possible
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Dr Luciano Di Croce.
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Dr Luciano Di Croce and be submitted online through the "Apply" button.
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVS. It will be merit-based.
- Interview: Preselected candidates will be nterviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
- Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 31/08/2023.