About the Project
- BSc or MSc or an equivalent degree in biochemistry, bioinformatics, cell biology, developmental biology, genetics, neuroscience, or a related discipline.
- Prior research experience in wet and/or dry labs. Knowledge and experience in biochemistry techniques, molecular cloning, mammalian cell culture, mouse genetics, and confocal microscopy would be highly desirable. Strong programming skills in R and Python, and prior experience with sequencing analysis would be an asset.
- Must be self‐motivated, with a keen interest in working on multidisciplinary projects.
- A strong academic background.
- Proficiency in English.
- Excellent communication, written and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work in an international team.
Please send a single PDF file containing a cover letter describing (i) your previous research experience, (ii) future goals, and (iii) why studying stem cells and brain development is of interest to you, together with your CV, and relevant transcripts to "email@example.com" with the subject line "PhD Student Position".
About the University of Calgary:
The University of Calgary is Canada’s leading next-generation university – a living, growing and youthful institution that embraces change and opportunity with a can-do attitude. The University of Calgary inspires and supports discovery, creativity and innovation across all disciplines. For more information, visit ucalgary.ca.
About Calgary, Alberta
Calgary, Canada’s fastest-growing major city, is vibrant and multicultural, with a population of more than 1.2 million. Situated near the Rocky Mountains, Banff National Park and Lake Louise, Calgary offers a great quality of life and outstanding recreational activities.
Why not add a message here
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.
Marie-Sklodowska Curie PROTrEIN-ITN Early Stage Researcher (PhD student) position: Development of computational approaches for high precision and accuracy protein quantification (CRG, Barcelona, Spain)
Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG)