Four year full-time structured PhD
Stipend: €12,000 per annum for 4 years
Fees: €4,500 per annum for 4 years
• Bsc in Engineering in Electrical and Electronics (specializing in communication engineering), Computer Science, or Mathematics (with good programming skills).
• MSc degree in Engineering in Electrical and Electronics (specializing in communication engineering), or Computer Science (specializing in communication network theory), or mathematics (numerical analysis).
Knowledge & Experience
• Strong mathematical modelling skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
• Good programming skills with experience in MATLAB, python programming skills, or other tools used for modelling.
• Experience with simulation tools used in communication networks (e.g., ns3).
• Experience in mathematical modelling and analysis of communication systems.
• Experience in the use of machine learning.
• Have a passion for mathematical and computational biology (especially computational neuroscience).
Skills & Competencies
• Applicants whose first language is not English must submit evidence of competency in English, please see WIT’s English Language Requirements for details.
• Highly motivated, demonstrate initiative and ability to work within multi-disciplinary project team to achieve results
• Have an academic record of excellence and good writing skills.
• Paper Publications/ Journal writing and submission experience.
• Full list of publications, if any.