About the Project
Start date and duration
1 April 2021.
The European Training Network on DIRNANO offers 1 position for an Early-Stage Researcher (ESR) in Professor Moghimi’s group at the School of Pharmacy, Newcastle University, United Kingdom.
This scheme aims to train a new generation of creative, entrepreneurial and innovative ESRs. The project is consortium based with a number of partners across Europe. You will be employed at Newcastle University, and will also be enrolled onto a PhD in the Faculty of at Medical Sciences. You will carry out research in design and engineering optimisation of drug carriers that overcome complement activation and pro-inflammatory responses in macrophages (Nature Nanotechnology 2017, 12:387; Nature Nanotechnology 2017, 12:589; Nature Nanotechnology 2019, 14:260). As part of the training programme, the successful candidate will spend secondments at partner laboratories (University of Padua, Italy) and STABVIDA (Lisbon, Portugal).
Marie Sklodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network (MSCA-ITN) and European Training Network.
Name of supervisor(s):
Professor Moein Moghimi (https://bit.ly/3eMYc9w).
Only candidates complying with the Early Stage Researcher requirements (less than 4 years of research experience following a graduation from a degree qualifying for entry to PhD) and mobility (less than 12 months spent in the UK within the last three years) are eligible in order to comply with the funding body requirements.
How to apply:
You must apply through the University’s online postgraduate application system. To do this please ‘Create a new account’ (https://bit.ly/36FzMLN).
Only mandatory fields need to be completed. However, you will need to include the following information:
• insert the programme code 8440F in the programme of study section
• select ‘PhD in the Faculty of Medical Sciences – Translational and Clinical Research’ as the programme of study
• insert the studentship code TC017 in the studentship/partnership reference field
• attach a covering letter and CV. The covering letter must state the title of the studentship, quote the studentship reference code TC017 and state how your interests and experience relate to the project
• attach degree transcripts and certificates and, if English is not your first language, a copy of your English language qualifications.
Why not add a message here
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.