About the Project
Requirements: The candidate should have a first class or upper second class honours degree, or a master’s degree (or equivalent qualification), in Biology related discipline. Evidence of good spoken and written English is essential. The candidate should have an IELTS score of 6.5 or above, if the first language is not English. This position is open to all qualified candidates irrespective of nationality.
Degree: The student will be awarded a PhD degree from the University of Liverpool (UK) upon successful completion of the program.
Anoctamins (ANOs) have important physiological roles for transepithelial chloride transport, control of electrical signaling in smooth muscles and certain neurons, blood coagulation, and apoptosis in mammal. ANO functions as either a calcium-activated chloride channel or multifunctional protein with both calcium-activated phospholipid scramblase and non-selective ion channel activities. However, the physiological roles and molecular functions of ANOs have been poorly understood in invertebrate. We have recently identified Arthropod specific ANO (ArANO) highly expressed in the sensory organ and will characterize its physiological roles and molecular function in fruit fly and honey bee parasitic mite. We expect studying a novel ArANO will uncover the mechanism of Arthropod's sensory perception and provide an opportunity to develop ArANO-based method to control the Arthropod pests/disease vectors.
For more information about doctoral scholarship and PhD programme at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU): Please visit
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are advised to email Tatsuhiko.Kadowaki@xjtlu.edu.cn with the following documents for initial review and assessment (please put the project title in the subject line).
• Two reference letters with company/university letterhead
• Personal statement outlining your interest in the position
• Proof of English language proficiency (an IELTS score of 6.5 or above)
• Verified school transcripts in both Chinese and English (for international students, only the English version is required)
• Verified certificates of education qualifications in both Chinese and English (for international students, only the English version is required)
• PDF copy of Master Degree dissertation (or an equivalent writing sample) and examiners reports available
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Professor Tatsuhiko Kadowaki.(Tatsuhiko.Kadowaki@xjtlu.edu.cn), whose personal profile is linked below,
Why not add a message here
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.