About the Project
• 5 scholarships are available ($30K p.a stipend up to 3.5 years).
• Located on the Camperdown Campus at the Lambert Initiative for Cannabinoid Therapeutics, Brain and Mind Centre, University of Sydney.
About the opportunity
The Lambert Initiative for Cannabinoid Therapeutics is currently seeking to recruit five students to take up scholarships to conduct research into the medicinal potential of cannabis and cannabinoids. The successful students would work under the supervision of either Professor Iain McGregor (Academic Director), Associate Professor Jonathon Arnold (Deputy Academic Director) or Dr Samuel Banister (Team Leader). To apply you must have an Honours or Masters degree.
This scholarship will provide a stipend allowance of $30,000 per annum for up to three years, subject to academic performance. The successful recipient may apply for an extension of up to six months.
We are looking for PhD scholars who:
• intend to enrol, have an unconditional offer of admission, be enrolled in your first year of study in a full-time PhD at the University of Sydney. You do not need to have an offer of admission when applying, and you may apply for admission to a PhD after you have received the outcome of your scholarship application.
• conduct research related to the therapeutic potential of cannabis and cannabinoids
• hold an Honours or Masters degree in science, medical science, medicine, pharmacy or a related discipline
• demonstrate a strong interest in cannabinoid research
• demonstrate previous research experience in an area of relevance
• have at least one supervisor affiliated with the Lambert Initiative for Cannabinoid Therapeutics.
Applicants are encouraged to apply for the Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend Scholarship. Applications to other relevant scholarships are also encouraged.
These scholarships have been donated by Barry and Joy Lambert as part of the philanthropic gift that established the Lambert Initiative.
The purpose of these scholarships are to support PhD students to conduct research into the medicinal potential of cannabis and cannabinoids. The research projects that will be conducted involve the development and evaluation of cannabis based treatments across the following areas.
• Medicinal and/or analytical chemistry
• High throughput screening
• Animal and cellular models of disease
• Human psychopharmacology
• Driving research
• Drug policy
• Clinical trials
To learn more about the Lambert Initiative for Cannabinoid Therapeutics click on the related link.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia’s first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 8,100 academic and non-academic staff who support over 73,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For further information about the scholarships or if you would like to apply please submit your covering letter, academic transcripts, research proposal and resume/cv using the online form found at:
Find out further information, read the terms and conditions and apply.
Please also contact:
[email protected] or
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Why not add a message here
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.