Applications are invited from self-funded students. This project has a Band 2 fee. Details of our different fee bands can be found on our website (View Website). For information on how to apply for this project, please visit the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health Doctoral Academy website (View Website). On the online application form select PhD Microbiology.
As an equal opportunities institution we welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and transgender status. All appointments are made on merit.
- Salleh MZ, Karuppiah V, Snee M, Thistlethwaite A, Levy CW, Knight D, Derrick JP (2019) Structure and properties of a natural competence-associated pilin suggest a unique pilus tip-associated DNA receptor. mBio 10:e00614-19.
- Collins R, Karuppiah V, Siebert CA, Dajani R, Thistlethwaite A, Derrick JP (2018) Structural cycle of the Thermus thermophilus PilF ATPase: the powering of type IVa pilus assembly. Scientific Reports 8:14022.
- McLeod BN, Allison-Gamble GE, Barge MT, Tonthat NK, Schumacher MA, Hayes F, Barillà D (2017) A three-dimensional ParF meshwork assembles through the nucleoid to mediate plasmid segregation. Nucleic Acids Research 45:3158-3171.
- Kędzierska B, Hayes F (2016) Emerging roles of toxin-antitoxin modules in bacterial pathogenesis. Molecules 21:E790.
- Hayes F (2016) Probe discovery: disentangling gene networks. Nature Chemical Biology 12:3-4.