Bursary and contribution to tuition fees equivalent to the University's Home/EU rate
Year 1: £15,009 Year 2: In line with RCUK rate Year 3: In line with RCUK rate
The successful candidate will receive a contribution to tuition fees equivalent to the University’s Home/EU rate, currently £4,327, for the duration of their scholarship. International applicants will need to pay the remainder tuition fee for the duration of their scholarship, currently £9,173.
1. Xu Y, Harvey P. WO2019097219-Production of Dunaliella (2019, International filing date 13 November 2018).
2. Schroeder D, Harvey P, Xu Y. Patent WO/2018/141978 Algal strains (2018).
1. Xu Y, Harvey P. Red Light Control of β-Carotene Isomerisation to 9-cis β-Carotene and Carotenoid Accumulation in Dunaliella salina. Antioxidants (2019) 8 (5), 148.
2. Weinrich T, Xu Y, Wosu C, Harvey P and Jeffery G. Mitochondrial function, mobility and lifespan are improved in Drosophila melanogaster by extracts of 9-cis β-carotene from Dunaliella salina. Marine Drugs (2019) 17 (5), 279.
3. Xu Y, Harvey P. Carotenoid production by Dunaliella salina under red light. Antioxidants (2019) 8(5), 123.
4. Xu Y, Ibrahim IM, Wosu CI, Ben-Amotz A, Harvey PJ. Potential of New Isolates of Dunaliella Salina for Natural β-carotene production. Biology (Basel) (2018) 7(1), 14.
5. Xu Y, Ibrahim IM, Harvey PJ. The influence of photoperiod and light intensity on the growth and photosynthesis of Dunaliella salina (chlorophyta) CCAP 19/30. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry (2016) 106, 305-315.